Andy Hann was born and raised in Southern California. Along with skateboarding and surfing, he developed a deep passion for art and design which he followed into art school and then a prosperous 30 year career in entertainment advertising as a creative director and commercial director. After numerous awards and accolades, he says that he woke up one day and decided he was bored as hell, picked up a camera and just starting shooting in the streets. “Photography”, he now says, “is like a booger on my finger that I just can’t shake”.
Utilizing his formal design training and decades worth of advertising work, photography is a craft that seems to come quite naturally to Hann. Along with his strong sense of composition and use of natural light, he also infuses his offbeat sense of humor into much of his work.
• Solo show at the CAMERAWORKS GALLERY, Portland OR. 2018
• Runner up for "Best Single Image", FOCUS ON THE STORY International Photo Festival, DC. 2018
• Published in the Photographer's FORUM - Best Of Photography 2018
• Featured twice in the EDGE OF HUMANITY Photography Magazine 2017, 2018
• Featured twice in the STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MAGAZINE 2018, 2019